Monday, August 6, 2012

2 years have passed...must catch up!

Well- sorry we have been super busy but basically lots has changed. Riley became a big sister last August. Brett Tyler Dube was born a year ago yesterday & has been such a blessing. Seeing Riley become such a little person and how she cares for him has opened my eyes as to how fast time flies. Before I know it- she will be 18 and on her way to college. I don't want to think about that! She has been great- except for sleeping upstairs in her own room. That turkey sleeps with us- help me! She has done 3 rounds of princess dance class on Thursday nights, learned to swim (like a fish) and just become more of an independent little person. She is beautiful, happy, silly & smart. Gets it all from mom right? She is for sure the nurturer of the family. Whether it is the dogs, cat, "bubba" (Brett), mommy or daddy, she is always willing to help us feel better or make us laugh. The things that she says- holy cow! SHE IS A SPONGE.

And Brett- he is such a happy baby! Sleeps great, laughs, giggles at his "sissy" and all around sweet personality. We absolutely adore this little guy! He began saying dada first but soon wised up & said mama. Also, 2 weeks ago- took his first steps. Now, we can't stop him. His 1st birthday party was this past weekend & he did great! Loved his cupcake :) He has 4 top teeth, 2 bottom & really loves bath time! Pops enjoys putting him to sleep by just holding him.  Grams & Riley love to kiss on him. Nana & Grandpa tend to SPOIL them & mommy and daddy love their "little man." I didn't know he was even teething because he never cried or acted upset. What a sweetie. I hope things never change. 

I will be starting school on the 20th of August & it will be back to daycare for him. He was loved by the ladies that took care of him so I know they will love seeing him again. It's kinda bittersweet though, I love my babies & don't know how long I can care for other peoples kids when mine are growing up in front of me...so we will see how this year goes. 





No comments: